File Extension NUMBERS
File extension Numbers is used by Apple Numbers application to save document information. Apple Numbers is a spreadsheet processor developed by Apple Inc. It runs on macOS and iOS operating systems and is part of Apple iWork Suite. Most recent versions of Apple Numbers have iCloud and web-based editing support which allows cross-device and cross-platform document sharing and collaboration.
If you need to open file with file extension NUMBERS on Windows operating systems you can use following steps on your macOS device to create XLSX document.
- 1) Open document in Apple Numbers
- 2) Choose "File" in top menu and select "Export to"
- 3) A submenu with a list of export options will open
- 4) Choose "XLSX Format" to export to "XLSX".
- 5) Transfer converted file to your Windows device and open it using Microsoft Excel or other Windows application which support XLSX file extension
There is an alternative method to transfer your NUMBERS document from iOS or macOS using iCloud.
- 1) Save your NUMBERS document to iCloud. In macOS you can do it by choosing "File->Save" in main menu and then selecting iCloud Drive from the "Where" drop down list. Make sure that you have "iCloud Drive" enabled in macOS settings
- 2) Open iCloud on your Windows device
- 3) Open Numbers app in iCloud and open a document you saved
- 4) Click on "Tools" icon on the right side of the menu and choose "Download a Copy".
- 5) You will see a pop up window where you can choose a format in which you can download your NUMBERS document. Select Excel to download in Microsoft Excel compatible format